What is your vaccination/age/health policy?
- Must be at least 6 months in age and spayed/neutered
- Must be current on following vaccinations: Rabies, Boardatella, Distemper & Parvovirus or DHLPPs
- Must be in good health condition to play for long periods of time. (this does not discriminate against older dogs, or dogs with joint issues or allergies as they too enjoy playing! But it may limit to dogs with more severe conditions. Please talk to a Dog Attendant at Floppy Dog to review more details regarding your dog’s health if you are unsure
What is your Interview Process?
- This is a must for all new dog attendees! Try Out day is a way for the employees of Floppy Dog Day Care to ensure the dog gets along well with humans and other dogs as well! In addition, it is a great way to assess whether your dog enjoys this type of fun-play environment.
- The dog must stay for at least 4 hours of playtime (no overnight), and this is at no cost to the owner! Essentially a free half or full day of day care!
- Owners will fill out all the necessary application so we can get to know the dog and the owner.
- Dogs will then go back and meet our human employees and make sure they get along with humans. An employee will do a quick body scan to check for any fleas or ticks. Then your dog will get introduced to other dogs one at a time. This is to ensure the dog isn’t overwhelmed meeting multiple dogs at once. Once we can see your dog is acclimated to meeting the dogs we will let them go to play around freely in our dog runs. They will be placed according to their size, temperament, and energy level. They may get moved a couple times just to see which one is a better fit!
- Once the Try Out day is over, after at least four hours (and pick up before closing), we will write all our good notes on their report card and discuss how well they did at their first day of being at Day Care!